Alaska Fluoroscopy Regulations for Radiation Control
Our Fluoroscopy CME course for Alaska Fluoroscopy regulations works!
In addition to meeting the California rule, a study published in Academic Radiology showed that patient dose decreased after radiology residents took our Advanced Training Program. More details are available here.
Per Chapter 18 of Title 7 of the Alaska Administrative Code (7 AAC 18), Alaska requires fluoroscopy-specific training for all operators of medical fluoroscopes. The minimum course content suggested by the State of Alaska includes:
- Introduction, rationale, justification for fluoroscopic specific training
- Definition of medical fluoroscopy
- Medical applications of fluoroscopy
- National[FDA]/state fluoroscopy standards
- Kinds of medical fluoroscopes
- Radiation physics principles
- Radiation monitoring during fluoroscopy
- Documentation of radiation exposures / exposure calculations
- Radiobiological effects of ionizing radiation
- Long term and short term biological radiation effects
- Radiation incident reporting requirements
- Relative radiation exposures to patients, operators and the public during fluoroscopy
- Methods for minimizing radiation exposure during medical fluoroscopy
- Operational health concerns beyond radiation exposure
- C arm fluoroscopy – high dose and low dose radiation characteristics
- Machine specific characteristics of safety considerations
- Radioprotective gear for operators of medical fluoroscopes
- Quality assurance and maintenance of medical fluoroscopes
Completion of our Combination Course satisfies the requirement of Alaska 7 AAC 18. This course provides physicians with up to 10 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit™ in radiation safety for the clinical use of fluoroscopy.
The top quality educational programs from FluoroSafety have been approved for Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credit for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) by most American Board of Medical Specialties member boards.
All FluoroSafety courses can be taken at your convenience from any computer or tablet with internet access. The Combination Course with 10 Category 1 CME credits is available now for $250.00.
Buy now >
Please note that all sales are final. We offer discounts for purchases of multiple licenses, as well as a custom management interface for institutions and clinics. Click here for more information.