Advanced Training Program
Our Advanced Training Program on the Safe Use of Fluoroscopy has been approved for 8 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME™ credit. Physicians who frequently use fluoroscopy or perform complex fluoroscopically guided procedures need the training provided by this program. Other medical professionals involved in fluoroscopic procedures may also wish to take this course to increase the breadth and depth of their knowledge. This course teaches all of the concepts included in the Basic Training Program, as well as advanced fluoroscopic physics, advanced techniques for dose reduction, and special patient considerations. These concepts include:
- Biological effects of x-ray;
- Principles of radiation protection;
- Factors affecting fluoroscopic outputs;
- Dose reduction techniques for fluoroscopic x-ray systems;
- Principles and operation of the specific fluoroscopic x-ray system(s) to be used;
- Fluoroscopic and fluorographic outputs of each mode of operation on the
- system(s) to be used clinically; and
- Applicable requirements of these regulations.
Learners successfully completing this course may claim up to 8 hours of Category 1 CME credit. All FluoroSafety courses can be taken at your convenience from any computer or tablet with internet access. This course is available now for $175.00.