Basic Training Program
Our Basic Training Program on the Safe Use of Fluoroscopy has been approved for up to 4 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME™credit. This course is appropriate for those who use fluoroscopy occasionally and for staff who participate in fluoroscopically guided medical procedures. This course teaches basic radiation physics, basic fluoroscopy physics, radiation biology, and radiation safety.
Those successfully completing this course may claim up to 4 hours of Category 1 CME credit. Also qualifies for MOC credit for most ABMS member boards, including the ABIM, ABR, ABS, ABPMR, and ABA. Click here for more details on MOC. All FluoroSafety courses are online and can be taken at your convenience from any computer or tablet with internet access.
What topics are covered?
- Essentials of basic radiation and fluoroscopic physics for physicians
- Radiation biology concepts important to patients receiving medical imaging
- Radiation safety training necessary to protect yourself, your staff and your patients
- Safe procedures for the operation of the type of Fluoroscopy equipment used
- Specific training on the dose reduction techniques addressed in the Image Gently®, Image Gently-Step Lightly®, and Image Wisely® campaigns
- Minimize risks associated with selecting and using Fluoroscopy
- Ensure proper dosimetry and monitoring of workers in Fluoroscopy
- Assess radiation levels from Fluoroscopy, assuring they are ALARA
- Designed to meet the Joint Commission environment of care (EC.02.04.03 and HR.01.05.03) fluoroscopy standards which necessitate ongoing education and annual training for individuals use fluoroscopic equipment (HR.01.05.03).
Take FluoroSafety courses on your computer or tablet at your convenience and receive your certificate immediately after finishing! Please note that all sales are final.
FluoroSafety is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.