Alaska Fluoroscopy Regulations for Radiation Control
Our Fluoroscopy CME courses for the New Hampshire Fluoroscopy regulations work!
A study published in Academic Radiology showed that patient dose decreased after radiology residents took our Advanced Training Program. More details are available here.
Per Chapter 18 of Title 7 of the Alaska Administrative Code (7 AAC 18), Alaska requires fluoroscopy-specific training for all operators of medical fluoroscopes. Completion of our Combination Course satisfies the requirement of Alaska 7 AAC 18. This course provides physicians with up to 10 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit™ in radiation safety for the clinical use of fluoroscopy.
What topics does Alaska require training on?
- Introduction, rationale, justification for fluoroscopic specific training
- Definition of medical fluoroscopy
- Medical applications of fluoroscopy
- National[FDA]/state fluoroscopy standards
- Kinds of medical fluoroscopes
- Radiation physics principles
- Radiation monitoring during fluoroscopy
- Documentation of radiation exposures / exposure calculations
- Radiobiological effects of ionizing radiation
- Long term and short term biological radiation effects
- Radiation incident reporting requirements
- Relative radiation exposures to patients, operators and the public during fluoroscopy
- Methods for minimizing radiation exposure during medical fluoroscopy
- Operational health concerns beyond radiation exposure
- C arm fluoroscopy – high dose and low dose radiation characteristics
- Machine specific characteristics of safety considerations
- Radioprotective gear for operators of medical fluoroscopes
- Quality assurance and maintenance of medical fluoroscopes
- This course also meets the Joint Commission environment of care (EC.02.04.03 and HR.01.05.03) fluoroscopy standards which necessitate ongoing education and annual training for individuals use fluoroscopic equipment (HR.01.05.03).
The top quality educational programs from FluoroSafety have been approved for Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credit for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) by most American Board of Medical Specialties member boards.
How will we train you?
Like all FluoroSafety courses, this course is completely online, packed with videos, animations and descriptive expert narration. You can buy it now and complete it at your leisure from any computer or tablet with internet access. You will receive your CME certificate immediately after completion. In addition, for members of qualifying medical boards (i.e., ABIM, ABA, ABPMR, etc) we will report your CME for you automatically!
Take FluoroSafety courses on your computer or tablet at your convenience and receive your certificate immediately after finishing! Please note that all sales are final.
FluoroSafety is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.