Advanced Training Program
Our Advanced Training Program on the Safe Use of Fluoroscopy has been approved for 8 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME™ credit. Physicians who frequently use fluoroscopy or perform complex fluoroscopically guided procedures need the training provided by this program. Other medical professionals involved in fluoroscopic procedures may also wish to take this course to increase the breadth and depth of their knowledge. This course teaches all of the concepts included in the Basic Training Program, as well as advanced fluoroscopic physics, advanced techniques for dose reduction, and special patient considerations. These concepts include:
Learners successfully completing this course may claim up to 8 hours of Category 1 CME credit. Also qualifies for MOC credit for most ABMS member boards, including the ABIM, ABR, ABS, ABPMR, and ABA. Click here for more details on MOC. All FluoroSafety courses are online and can be taken at your convenience from any computer or tablet with internet access.
What topics are covered?
- Biological effects of x-ray and detailed training on the principles of radiation protection
- Radiation and fluoroscopic physics
- Dose reduction techniques for fluoroscopic x-ray systems
- Principles and operation of the specific fluoroscopic x-ray system(s) to be used
- Fluoroscopic and fluorographic outputs of each mode of operation on the
- system(s) to be used clinically
- Applicable requirements of these regulations
- Safe procedures for the operation of the type of Fluoroscopy equipment used
- Specific training on the dose reduction techniques addressed in the Image Gently®, Image Gently-Step Lightly®, and Image Wisely® campaigns
- Ensuring proper dosimetry and monitoring of workers in Fluoroscopy
- Assessment of radiation levels from Fluoroscopy, assuring they are ALARA
- Designed to meet the Joint Commission environment of care (EC.02.04.03 and HR.01.05.03) fluoroscopy standards which necessitate ongoing education and annual training for individuals use fluoroscopic equipment (HR.01.05.03).
Advanced Program Testimonials
At FluoroSafety we review CME evaluation comments on a monthly basis to improve our courses. Here are examples of unedited remarks by physicians who have completed this training program.
An Anesthesiologist from MN writes:
“Patient health status will be improved by physicians completing this course. It allows you to become aware of the your practicing habits while using fluoroscopy, and if they are habits that need to be changed they can be addressed. Being aware of the technical aspects of the C-arm allows for reduction of patient dose.
An Anesthesiologist from CA writes:
“Best source to prepare for fluoroscopy exam by far”.
An Inteventional Cardiologist from CA writes:
“Great course, even though I took it 2 years ago, new updates and always good to have a refresher.”
Take FluoroSafety courses on your computer or tablet at your convenience and receive your certificate immediately after finishing! Please note that all sales are final.
Acapedia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
We offer discounts for purchases of multiple licenses, as well as a custom management interface for institutions and clinics. More information here.