Pennsylvania Requirements for the Safe Use of Medical Fluoroscopy
Per Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Environmental Protection Standards, Title 25, Section 221.16, it is the responsibility of the X-ray registrant to ensure that the individual who operates an X-ray system is adequately trained in the safe use of the equipment. Training shall include the 18 specific topics listed in the regulations and continuing education is required for all operators of fluoroscopic equipment.
What training topics does Pennsylvania require?
- Basic Properties of Radiation
- Units of Measurement
- Sources of Radiation Exposure
- Methods of Radiation Protection
- Biological Effects of Radiation Exposure
- X-ray Equipment
- Imaging Recording and Processing
- Patient Exposure and Positioning
- Quality Assurance Program
- Dose reduction, monitoring and recording procedures
- Units of measurement and dose, such as dose-area product values, CT dose index and air kerma
- Factors affecting fluoroscopic outputs
- High-level control options
- Dose management including dose reduction techniques, monitoring and recording
- Principles and operation of fluoroscopic X-ray systems
- Fluoroscopic and fluorographic outputs of each mode of operation
- Applicable State and Federal regulations.
Recommended Training for Fluoroscope Operators in PA:
This program is also approved for MOC and SA-CME credit...
This program is also approved for Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credit by most American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) members including the American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Radiology, American Board of Surgery and American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Click here for more details on MOC for ABMS member boards.
Take FluoroSafety courses on your computer or tablet at your convenience and receive your certificate immediately after finishing! Please note that all sales are final.
FluoroSafety is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.