Pennsylvania Requirements for the Safe Use of Medical Fluoroscopy
Per Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Environmental Protection Standards, Title 25, Section 221.11, Appendix A, it is the responsibility of the X-ray registrant to ensure that the individual who operates an X-ray system is adequately trained in the safe use of the equipment. Training shall include items included in Appendix A (relating to determination of competence) and there shall be continuing education in radiation safety, biological effects of radiation, quality assurance and quality control.
What training topics does Pennsylvania require?
- Basic Properties of Radiation
- Units of Measurement
- Sources of Radiation Exposure
- Methods of Radiation Protection
- Biological Effects of Radiation Exposure
- X-ray Equipment
- Imaging Recording and Processing
- Patient Exposure and Positioning
- Quality Assurance Program
- Meets the Joint Commission environment of care (EC.02.04.03 and HR.01.05.03) fluoroscopy standards which necessitate ongoing education and annual training for individuals use fluoroscopic equipment (HR.01.05.03).
The Advanced Training Program from FluoroSafety covers all of the required topics and satisfies the requirement of Pennsylvania title 25, section 221.11, appendix A. This course will also provide physicians with up to 8 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit™ in the safe use of medical fluoroscopy.
This program is also approved for MOC and SA-CME credit...
This program is also approved for Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credit by most American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) members including the American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Radiology, American Board of Surgery and American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Click here for more details on MOC for ABMS member boards.
Take FluoroSafety courses on your computer or tablet at your convenience and receive your certificate immediately after finishing! Please note that all sales are final.
FluoroSafety is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.