Colorado Fluoroscopy Training with CME Credit
For those operating fluoroscopy equipment on a living human, Part 2, 22.214.171.124 of the Colorado Rules and Regulations Pertaining to Radiation Control states that each healing arts facility shall make a written determination that any individual who either supervises a fluoroscopy procedure or operates a fluoroscopy imaging system has adequate training in its safe operation.
Training in these topics must be documented in Colorado...
- Fundamental principles of radiation protection;
- Biological effects of ionizing radiation;
- Safe operation of fluoroscopy equipment for each mode of operation to be used;
- Dose reduction techniques for fluoroscopy; and
- Applicable radiation regulations.
- Specific training on the dose reduction techniques addressed in the Image Gently®, Image Gently-Step Lightly®, and Image Wisely® campaigns
- Minimizing risks associated with selecting and using Fluoroscopy
- Ensuring proper dosimetry and monitoring of workers in Fluoroscopy
- Assessing radiation levels from Fluoroscopy, assuring they are ALARA
- Meets the Joint Commission environment of care (EC.02.04.03 and HR.01.05.03) fluoroscopy standards which necessitate ongoing education and annual training for individuals use fluoroscopic equipment (HR.01.05.03).
The Advanced Training Program from FluoroSafety meets all of the requirements of the Colorado regulation and provides physicians with up to 8 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit™.
The top quality educational programs from FluoroSafety have been approved for Self-Assessment CME (SA-CME) credit for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) by most American Board of Medical Specialties member boards. All FluoroSafety courses can be taken at your convenience from any computer or tablet with internet access.
Take FluoroSafety courses on your computer or tablet at your convenience and receive your certificate immediately after finishing! Please note that all sales are final.
FluoroSafety is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.